Putting on the three-point seat belts
Always fasten your seat belts before driving off.
Positioning of head restraints and seat belts
Driver's seat: Belt buckle and latch plate
– Adjust the front seat and head restraint correctly before putting on the seat
belt, “Seats and storage”.
– To fasten the belt, take hold of the latch plate and pull it slowly across your chest and lap ⇒ .
– Insert the latch plate into the buckle for the appropriate seat and push it down until it is securely locked with an audible click ⇒ fig. 209.
– Pull the belt to check that it is now securely fastened.
The three-point inertia reel belts are tensioned automatically. The retractor system gives complete freedom of movement, as long as the pull on the belt is slow. Hard braking locks the belt. The belt will also lock when you accelerate, drive up or down a steep hill or in a sharp curve.
- • Always make certain that the belt is positioned properly ⇒ fig. 208 – risk of injury, “Adjusting the seat belts”.
- • The latch plate of the belt must always be engaged in the correct buckle for that seat. Otherwise the belt will not be fully effective and the danger of injury increases.