Fitting the ball joint (step 3)
Removable towing bracket: Setting the spring mechanism to the "ready" position
Removable towing bracket: Inserting the ball joint
Setting the spring mechanism to the "ready" position (if required)
– Insert the key 4 ⇒ fig. 239 for locking the ball joint into the lock on the
knob and turn it clockwise.
– Pull out the knob in direction a, hold and turn in direction b until the locking ball 5 engages ⇒ .
Inserting the ball joint
– With the spring mechanism in the “ready” position, insert the ball joint into
the mounting fixture and push it upwards, fig. 240 in the direction indicated (arrow)
⇒ . The spring mechanism should then
engage automatically with an audible click.
– Lock the ball joint by turning the key anti-clockwise.
– Take out the key and press the cover cap provided onto the lock.
- • If it is not possible to set the spring mechanism to the "ready" position as described above, do not use the ball joint. Please take your vehicle to a qualified workshop.
- • To avoid injury, keep your hands away from the knob and the cover piece when inserting the ball joint into the mounting fixture.
Make sure that the knob can turn freely when the ball joint is inserted.