Some preparations are necessary before changing a wheel.
– If you have a flat tyre, stop the car well away from moving traffic. Choose
a location that is as level as possible.
– All passengers should leave the car. They should wait in a safe place (for instance behind the roadside crash barrier).
– Apply the parking brake to stop the vehicle moving accidentally.
– Engage first gear (manual gearbox) or move selector lever to position P (automatic gearbox).
– When towing a trailer: unhitch the trailer from your vehicle.
– Take the tools and the spare wheel* out of the luggage compartment.
If you have a puncture in moving traffic, switch on the hazard warning lights and place the warning triangle in a visible location. This is for your own safety and also warns other road users.
If you have to change the tyre on a gradient, block the wheel opposite the wheel being changed by placing a stone or similar object under it to prevent the vehicle from rolling away.
Please observe the relevant regulations.