Central locking switch
Fig. 39 Driver's door: Central locking switch
– Press the button to unlock the
vehicle ⇒ .
– Press the button to lock the vehicle.
Please note the following when you use the central locking switch
to lock your vehicle:
• The doors and the boot lid cannot be opened from the outside (for safety reasons, when stopped at traffic lights, etc.).
• The LED in the central locking switch lights up when both of the doors and the boot lid are closed and locked.
• You can open the doors individually from the inside by pulling the inside door handle.
• In the event of an accident in which the airbags inflate, doors locked from the inside will be automatically unlocked to facilitate access and assistance.
• The central locking switch is still operative when the ignition is switched off and will automatically lock the entire vehicle when pressed.
• The central locking switch inside the vehicle is not operative if you lock the vehicle from the outside.
• Locked doors could delay assistance in an emergency, potentially putting lives at risk. Do not leave anyone (especially children) in the vehicle.
The doors and the boot lid are locked automatically when the vehicle reaches a speed of about 15 km/h (Auto Lock).
You can unlock the vehicle again via the central locking switch.