Turn signal and main beam lever
The turn signal and main beam lever also operates the parking lights and the headlight flasher.
Fig. 56 Turn signal and main beam headlight lever
The turn signal and main beam headlight lever has the following functions:
– Move the lever all the way up to indicate right, or all the
way down to indicate left.
– Move the lever briefly up or down just as far as the point of resistance and then release it: the turn signals will flash three times.
– Move the lever up or down just as far as the point of resistance and hold it there: the turn signals flash for as long as you hold the lever.
Main beam headlights
– Press the lever forward to switch on the main beams.
– Pull the lever back towards you to switch the main beam headlights off again.
– Pull the lever towards the steering wheel to operate the flasher.
– Switch off the ignition.
– Move the lever up or down to turn on the right or lefthand parking lights respectively.
Note s on these functions
• The turn signals only work when the ignition is switched on. The
corresponding indicator lamp or
flashes in the instrument
• The turn signals are cancelled automatically when the steering wheel is returned to the straight-ahead position.
• The main beam headlights can only be switched on if the dipped beam headlights are already on. The main beam headlight indicator lamp then comes on in the instrument cluster.
• The headlight flasher comes on for as long as you pull the lever – even if no other lights are switched on. The main beam headlight indicator lamp then comes on in the instrument cluster.
• When the parking lights are switched on, the headlight and the rear light on one side of the car light up with reduced intensity. The parking lights will only work with the ignition off. A warning buzzer will sound for as long as the driver's door is open.
Do not use the main beam headlights or the headlight flasher if this would dazzle oncoming traffic.