Use the service position to change the wiper blades.
Fig. 64 MMI display: Windscreen wipers
Fig. 65 Service position
You can set the wipers to the service position on the sound system or MMI*.
– If the wiper blades are not frozen to the windscreen,
move the windscreen wiper lever to the "off" position 0.
– Select: Function selector button CAR > Windscreen wipers > Service position.
• on - the wiper blades can only be replaced when the wiper arms
are in the service position ⇒ fig. 65. If you only work on the wipers
when they are in the service position you will also avoid damaging
the paintwork on the bonnet.
• off - the windscreen wipers will be moved back to their original position.
Never move the vehicle with the front wiper arms in a raised position as they are automatically moved back to their normal park position above a speed of 6 km/h. The paintwork on the bonnet may be damaged as a result.
• You can also use the service position, for example, if you want to fix a cover over the windscreen in the winter to keep it clear of ice.
• The service position is automatically set to off when you operate the windscreen wiper lever or the road speed exceeds 6 km/h.