Automatic anti-dazzle adjustment
The automatic anti-dazzle function can be switched on and off as desired.
Fig. 67 Anti-dazzle interior mirror: On/off button with indicator lamp
Switching off anti-dazzle function
– Press button A ⇒ fig. 67 - the indicator lamp B will go out.
Switching on anti-dazzle function
– Press button A - the indicator lamp B will light up.
The anti-dazzle function is activated every time the ignition is switched on. The green indicator lamp lights up in the mirror housing.
When the anti-dazzle function is activated the interior mirror will
darken automatically according to the amount of light it receives
(for example from the headlights of a vehicle behind). The mirror
will not darken automatically:
• when the interior lighting is switched on
• when reverse gear is engaged
Electrolyte fluid can leak from a broken mirror. This fluid can cause irritation to the skin, eyes, and respiratory organs. Wash thoroughly with clean water should you come into contact with this fluid. Seek medical assistance if needed.
Electrolyte fluid leaking from a broken mirror can cause damage to plastic surfaces. Use a sponge or similar to remove the fluid as soon as possible.
• If you switch off the anti-dazzle function for the interior mirror, this will also deactivate the anti-dazzle function for the exterior mirrors.
• The automatic anti-dazzle function will only work properly if the sun blind* for the rear window is not in use and there are no other objects preventing light from reaching the interior mirror.
• Do not attach any stickers to the windscreen in front of the sensors, as these could lead to malfunctioning of the mirror.