Service interval display
This display reminds the driver when the next routine service is due and is called up using the MMI or the sound system control console.
MMI display: Service interval display
Instrument cluster display: Service interval display
The date when the next service is due is calculated automatically and the driver is reminded accordingly.
– When the next service date is approaching, SERVICE IN - ---- KM ---
DAYS will be shown in the display each time you switch on the ignition.
– The remaining time and distance to the next service are indicated every time the ignition is switched on, until the service becomes due.
– When a service is due, Service! will appear in the display as soon as you switch on the ignition. The display reverts back to the standard display after about 5 seconds.
Displaying the service interval
– Select: Function selector button CAR > Service interval display, fig. 15.
Resetting the oil change interval display
– Select: Function selector button CAR > Service interval display > Reset oil change interval.
Displaying distance to next service
You can have the distance to the next service displayed on the MMI screen page 23,. The remaining distance to the next service is updated every time the ignition is switched on (starting at 500 km after a service has been performed).
On a new vehicle, the display will always show the following message for the first 500 km.
SERVICE IN ----- KM --- DAYS
The system cannot calculate the figures for the service indicator if the battery is disconnected from the vehicle, so no service reminder can be displayed during this time. Please remember that keeping to the correct service intervals is most important for the service life and residual value of the vehicle (and especially for the life of the engine). The period between two services must never be longer than the time specified in the Service Schedule, even if you only cover a low mileage during this time.
• Do not reset the display between oil changes - otherwise the display will be
• The information in the service interval display remains intact if the battery is disconnected.
• The distance to the next service cannot be called up if the system has detected a Priority 1 fault (red symbol).
• If the service was not performed by a qualified workshop, the oil change interval display can only be set to “fixed service intervals” of 15,000 km. If you wish to continue with the “LongLife” service, you will need to have the oil change interval display reset by a qualified workshop.