The safety features listed here are part of the vehicle's occupant restraint system. They work together to help reduce the risk of injury in a wide variety of accident situations.
Your safety and the safety of your passengers should not be left to
chance. In the event of an accident, the safety features incorporated
in your vehicle are capable of reducing the risk of injury. These are
just a few of the safety features in your Audi:
• Optimised three-point seat belts for all seats,
• Belt force limiters for the front seats,
• Belt pre-tensioners for the front seats,
• Head restraints for all seats,
• Optimised protection against injuries of the cervical vertebrae,
• Front airbags,
• Side airbags in the backrests of the front seats,
• Head-protection airbags (sideguard system),
• “ISOFIX” mountings* for “ISOFIX” child safety seats on the rear seats,
• Height-adjustable head restraints on the seats,
• Adjustable steering column.
These individual safety features are harmonised to provide you and your passengers with the best possible protection in accident situations.
However, they can only be effective if you and your passengers sit in the correct position and adjust and use the safety equipment properly.
For these reasons, this chapter explains why these safety features are so important, how they can protect you, what you need to remember when using them, and how you and your passengers can gain the most benefit from them. There are also a number of important safety warnings which you and your passengers should always observe in order to minimise the risk of injury.
Safety is everyone's responsibility!