Correct sitting position for passengers in the rear
Rear seat passengers should sit upright with both feet on the floor and wear their seat belts properly whenever the vehicle is moving.
To reduce any risk of injury in the event of sudden braking
or an accident, passengers in the rear seats must observe
– Adjust the head restraint so that the top of the head restraint is level with the top of your head.
– Keep both feet in the footwell in front of the rear seat.
– Fasten your seat belt correctly.
– Use appropriate child restraint systems for children travelling in the vehicle.
Rear passengers sitting out of position can suffer severe injuries.
• Always adjust the head restraints properly for maximum protection.
• Seat belts only offer maximum protection when the backrest is in an upright position and the passengers are wearing the seat belts properly. By not sitting upright, rear passengers increase the risk of injury due to incorrect positioning of the seat belt webbing.