Important safety notes on the headprotection airbags
There are a number of safety points concerning the airbag system which you should remember. This will help to reduce the risk of injury in an accident.
• It is important to ensure that the area around the openings for the head-protection airbags remains unobstructed at all times, so that the airbags can inflate properly if needed.
• The built-in coat hooks should only be used for lightweight clothing. Do not leave any heavy or sharp-edged objects in the pockets. When using the coat hooks, do not hang the clothes on coat hangers.
• The space between the passengers and the head-protection airbags must never be occupied by children, other passengers or pets. Passengers should never lean out or put a hand or arm out of the window while the vehicle is in motion.
• Do not move the sun visors out to cover the side windows if there is anything attached to them (such as pens or a remote control for the garage door). These objects could cause injury if the head-protection airbag is triggered.
• The sensors for the airbags are located in the front doors. You must therefore not make any modifications to the doors or door trim (e.g. retrofitting loudspeakers), as this could impair the function of the side airbags. Any damage to the front doors could lead to faults in the system. Repairs or any other work on the front doors must therefore always be carried out by a qualified workshop.
• Where sun blinds are fitted on the rear doors, these must not obstruct or impair the airbags in any way.
• If unsuitable accessories are installed near the head-protection airbag, the protection afforded by the airbag can be seriously impaired if the system is triggered. When the head-protection airbag opens, parts of these accessories could be thrown into the vehicle and injure passengers.
• Any work involving the head-protection airbags, or removal and installation of the airbag components for other repairs (such as repairs to the roof liner), must always be performed by a qualified workshop. Otherwise the airbag system may fail to work properly.