Fitting the ball joint (step 3)
Fig. 199 Removable towing bracket: Setting the spring mechanism to the "ready" position
Fig. 200 Removable towing bracket: Inserting the ball joint
Setting the spring mechanism to the "ready" position (if required)
– Insert the key 4 ⇒ fig. 199 for locking the ball joint into
the lock on the knob and turn it clockwise.
– Pull out the knob in direction a, hold and turn in direction b until the locking ball 5 engages ⇒ .
Inserting the ball joint
– With the spring mechanism in the “ready” position,
insert the ball joint into the mounting fixture and push it
upwards ⇒ fig. 200 in the direction indicated
(arrow) ⇒ . The spring mechanism
engage automatically with an audible click.
– Lock the ball joint by turning the key anti-clockwise.
– Take out the key and press the cover cap provided onto the lock.
Continued ⇒ “Fitting the ball joint (step 4)”.
• If it is not possible to set the spring mechanism to the "ready" position as described above, do not use the ball joint. Please take your vehicle to a qualified workshop.
• To avoid injury, keep your hands away from the knob and the cover piece when inserting the ball joint into the mounting fixture.
Make sure that the knob can turn freely when the ball joint is inserted.