Seat belts should be looked after properly to ensure that they give the full protection.
– Keep the seat belts clean.
– For cleaning, use a mild soap solution.
– Check the condition of the seat belts at regular intervals.
Very dirty belts may not retract properly.
Make sure that the inertia reel seat belts are completely dry before allowing them to retract.
• Do not remove the seat belts from the vehicle to clean them.
• Do not use chemical cleaning agents on the seat belts, as this can damage the webbing. Ensure that the belts do not come into contact with corrosive fluids.
• If you find any damage to the belt webbing, belt fittings, the belt retractor or the buckle, the belt in question must be replaced by a qualified workshop.