Topping up the engine oil
Fig. 214 Engine compartment: Engine oil filler cap
– Unscrew cap from oil filler
opening ⇒ fig. 214.
– Carefully put in the specified grade of oil 0.5 litres at a time.
– After two minutes check the oil level once again.
– If the oil level is too low, add more engine oil.
– Replace the oil filler cap carefully and push the dipstick all the way in.
• Ensure that no oil comes into contact with hot engine components when topping up: this could cause a fire.
• Wash your skin thoroughly if it comes into contact with engine oil.
• The oil level must never be above area a, as this may result in damage to the catalytic converter or to the engine. Contact a qualified workshop to extract the engine oil if necessary.
• No additives should be used with engine oil. Any damage caused by the use of such additives would not be covered by the factory warranty.
For the sake of the environment
• Never pour oil down drains or into the ground.
• Always observe statutory requirements when disposing of empty oil canisters.