General information and safety notes
Repaired tyres are only suitable for temporary use.
Fig. 227 The Tyre Mobility System is NOT suitable for repairing this type of damage to tyres.
Your vehicle is equipped with a tyre repair kit: the Tyre Mobility System (TMS).
In the event of a puncture you will find the TMS, which consists of a sealing compound and a compressor, located under the floor panel in the luggage compartment.
The TMS will reliably seal tyres damaged by foreign bodies, provided that the cuts or punctures are no larger than approx. 4 mm in diameter.
It is not necessary to remove the foreign body from the tyre.
The sealing compound must not be used:
• on cuts and punctures larger than 4 mm ⇒ fig. 227 1
• if the wheel rim has been damaged 2
• if you have been driving with very low pressure or a completely flat tyre 3.
How to use the TMS is described in the section Repairing a tyre and in the instructions supplied with the tyre sealant can.
The TMS can be used at outside temperatures down to – 20 °C.
After repairing a tyre please note the following points:
• Do not drive faster than 80 km/h.
• Avoid heavy acceleration, hard braking and fast cornering.
• Vehicle handling could be impaired.
• Tyres which have been sealed using the TMS are only suitable for temporary use. Damaged tyres must be renewed.
• The TMS must NOT be used,
− on cuts and punctures larger than 4 mm
− if the wheel rim has been damaged
− if you have been driving with very low pressure or a completely flat tyre
• Seek professional assistance if the repair of a tyre puncture is not possible with the sealing compound.
• Do not allow the sealant to come into contact with your eyes, skin or clothing.
• If you do come into contact with the sealant immediately rinse the eyes or skin affected with clean water.
• Change clothing immediately if it becomes soiled with the tyre sealant.
• Make sure you do not breathe in the fumes!
• If any of the tyre sealant is accidentally ingested, immediately rinse the mouth thoroughly and drink lots of water.
• Do not induce vomiting. Immediately contact a doctor!
• If any allergic reactions should occur get medical help immediately.
• Keep the sealant away from children.
For the sake of the environment
Used bottles of sealing compound can be returned to an Audi dealer for disposal.
• If sealant should leak out, leave it to dry. When it has dried, you can pull it off like a piece of foil.
• Observe the expiry date stated on the sealing compound can.
Have the sealing compound exchanged by a qualified workshop.