Anti-theft wheel bolts
A special adapter is required to turn the anti-theft wheel bolts.
Fig. 235 Anti-theft wheel bolt with adapter
– Insert the hook (provided in the vehicle's tool kit) in the
hole in the hub cap.
– Pull off the hub cap ⇒ fig. 229.
– Insert the adapter 2 completely into the wheel bolt 1.
– Fit the box spanner as far as it will go over the adapter 2.
– Loosen or tighten the wheel bolt.
It is advisable to carry the wheel bolt adapter in the vehicle. The adapter is normally stored in the vehicle tool kit, underneath the towline anchorage. It should be put back there after use.
The code number of the anti-theft wheel bolt is stamped on the front of the adapter. Your Audi dealer will need this number to replace the adapter if lost.
Note the code number of the anti-theft wheel bolt and keep it in a safe place – not in your vehicle.