The 12 Volt socket for the cigarette lighter can also be used as a power source for other electrical appliances.
Front ashtray (open)
Using cigarette lighter
– Open the cover of the front ashtray.
– Press in the cigarette lighter knob.
– Wait for the lighter to spring out.
– Pull out the cigarette lighter immediately.
– Use the glowing heater element of the cigarette lighter to light your cigarette.
– Put the cigarette lighter back in its socket.
Operating electrical socket
– Take out the cigarette lighter.
– Insert the plug of the electrical appliance into the cigarette lighter socket.
The cigarette lighter employs a standard 12 Volt socket which can also be used as a power source for electrical appliances. The appliances connected to the socket must not exceed a power rating of 100 W.
• Take care when using the cigarette lighter. Carelessness or negligence when
using the cigarette lighter can cause burns.
• The cigarette lighter also works when the ignition is off and when the ignition key is removed. To avoid the risk of fire, never leave children unsupervised in the vehicle.
• The electrical sockets and any appliances connected to them will operate only when the ignition is switched on. Improper use of the electrical sockets or the appliances connected to them can cause injuries or fire. To avoid the risk of injury, never leave children unsupervised in the vehicle with the key.
Always use the correct type of plugs to avoid damaging the sockets.
Using electrical appliances with the engine switched off will drain the battery.