The cruise control system allows you to maintain a constant speed.
Control lever and pushbutton for cruise control system
Indicator lamp for the cruise control system - lights up when the system is operating.
The cruise control system allows you to drive at a constant speed of 30 km/h or higher.
A constant speed is maintained by adjusting the engine power or braking the vehicle accordingly (while in cruise mode).
The cruise control system is set using the control lever,. The indicator lamp lights up while the system is operating.
The cruise control system is automatically deactivated immediately when you press the brake pedal.
On vehicles with a manual gearbox, the cruise control system will be deactivated if the clutch is pressed for a long time.
• Always direct your full attention to the road, even when you are using the
cruise control system. It is always you who is responsible for determining your
speed and for keeping a safe distance to the other vehicles on the road.
• For safety reasons, the cruise control system must not be used in city traffic, stop-go traffic, roads with a lot of bends or in difficult driving conditions (such as ice, fog, loose grit or gravel, heavy rain, aquaplaning) - this could cause an accident!
• When you take a turn-off, drive along a motorway exit lane or pass through roadwork sections, please temporarily switch off the cruise control system.
• Please make sure you do not unintentionally rest your foot on the accelerator - this will override the cruise control system which, as a result, will not brake the vehicle.
On vehicles with a manual gearbox: do not move the gear lever into neutral without depressing the clutch when the cruise control system is active. Otherwise the engine could rev up and be damaged.
• On vehicles with a manual gearbox, the set speed cannot be reached if the currently
selected gear is too high or too low. Change down to a lower gear when the engine
no longer runs “smoothly” or change up a gear to avoid overrevving the engine.
• The brake lights come on when the system brakes the vehicle.