Reversing camera (Rear View)
The reversing camera image in the MMI display shows the area behind the vehicle.
Viewed from above: Parking mode 1
Viewed from above: Parking mode 2
There are two different parking modes available when you park your vehicle with the help of the reversing camera. These are referred to as “Parking mode 1” page 145 and “Parking mode 2”.
“Parking mode 1” can, for example, be used when parking your vehicle in a carport or a garage.
“Parking mode 2” can be used, for example, when parking your vehicle at the roadside.
When you activate the reversing camera the MMI display will automatically show “Parking mode 1”. You can switch to “Parking mode 2” by pressing the control button Mode A,. Press the control button Mode repeatedly to switch between “Parking mode 1” and “Parking mode 2”.
Orientation lines and area markings
Orientation lines and area markings (page 145, and, fig. 162) are also projected onto the reversing camera images. They differ, depending on the parking mode you have selected. These orientation markings are intended to assist the driver when parking and manoeuvring in tight spaces. They are projected onto the image at road surface level (not on a gradient).
At the latest when the orientation lines and blue area markings overlap with vehicles or other objects the distance to the vehicles/ objects is no longer sufficient page 151.
The orientation lines and blue area markings will not be displayed if the boot lid is open or the factory-fitted power socket for the trailer is in use page 147. This may not apply if the power socket was NOT factory-fitted.
You can adjust the settings in the MMI to select which system you want to be displayed on the MMI screen
• Graphic display,
• Reversing camera images (Rear View), or
• Automatic (switches automatically between graphic display and reversing camera), or
• Off (no display).
The reversing camera can be switched on and off in the MMI. The acoustic proximity warning will, however, remain activated.
• The reversing camera has blind spots in which obstacles are not registered.
It is particularly important to ensure that there are no small children or animals
near the vehicle, as the reversing camera may not always be able to detect them
• The parking aid cannot replace the full concentration of the driver. The driver is always responsible for safety during parking and other manoeuvres. Always keep a close watch on the area around the vehicle.
• Please note that low obstacles detected by the system may no longer be registered by the sensors as the car moves closer, so the system will not give any further warning. Certain kinds of obstacles (such as wire fences, chains, thin painted posts or trailer draw bars, etc.) may not always be detected by the system (accident risk).
• There is a slight delay in the picture display.
• To ensure that the reversing camera works properly, the lens of the camera page 140, must be kept clean and free of snow and ice. Please observe the additional notes on.
• If the boot lid is open the angle covered by the camera will change. For this reason, the image of the reversing camera will then be shown without orientation lines and blue area markings.
• Please refer to the notes on towing.