Parking mode 2
“Parking mode 2” can be used, for example, when parking at the roadside.
MMI display: Blue area marking aligned in parking space
MMI display: Blue marking touches edge of pavement
– To park in a parking space on the right side of the road:
– Position your vehicle parallel to the roadside, about a metre away from the next parked vehicle,. If you are parking next to obstacles please observe.
– Activate the reversing camera.
“Parking mode 1” is the standard setting.
– Press the control button for Mode A,. “Parking mode 2” fig. 162 will appear in the MMI display.
– Reverse and align the position of your vehicle in such a way that the dark
blue area marking 2 borders onto the vehicle behind or onto the parking space line
marking. If you are not parking next to obstacles the long side of the
dark blue marking should border onto the kerb. The complete dark blue area marking
must fit into the parking space,.
– When the vehicle is stationary turn the steering wheel to the right as far as it will go.
– Reverse into the parking space. If you are not parking next to obstacles
page 150 the dark blue marking 4 should touch the kerb,. Stop
– Turn the steering wheel to the left as far as it will go (vehicle is stationary).
– Continue to reverse into the parking space until the vehicle is standing parallel to the kerb. When reversing you must also keep a close watch on the front end of the vehicle.
You can use “Parking mode 2” to park on the left or the right side of the road. For this reason, the blue markings are shown in various shades of blue. The dark blue area marking 2 and the dark blue curve 4 are used when parking on the right side of the road. The light blue area marking 1 and the light blue curve 3 are used when parking on the left side of the road.
When the turn signals are on, the display will only show the markings for the relevant side. To change the display to the other side, just switch on the opposite turn signals.
The light blue 3 and dark blue 4 curves show you when to turn the steering wheel in the other direction, i.e. when the curve touches the kerb.,.
The distance from your rear bumper 5 to the red line 6 is approx.
40 cm. From here at the latest, the driver should not reverse any further.
Please note that objects which are not touching the ground may appear to be further away than they actually are (e.g. the bumper of a parked vehicle, a towing bracket or the rear end of a truck). In this case you should not use the orientation lines for judging the distance (accident risk).
The MMI display shows the path of the rear end of the vehicle if you were to reverse using the current steering angle. NB: The front end of the vehicle swings out further than the rear.
To ensure that the reversing camera works properly, the lens of the camera page 140, must be kept clean and free of snow and ice.