Fitting the ball joint (step 4)
Removable towing bracket: Safety check
Area below rear bumper: Electrical socket for trailer
– Check that the green marking 6 on the knob is inside the green zone on the ball joint.
– Check that the knob is directly against the ball joint, so that there is no gap 7 between the knob and the ball joint.
– Check that the ball joint is locked and the key is removed (so that the knob cannot be pulled out).
– Check that the ball joint fits tightly in the mounting fixture (try moving it about to check).
Electrical socket for trailer
– The cable of the towing bracket can be connected to the socket
If the safety check is not satisfactory, the ball joint must be fitted again properly.
To avoid accidents, the ball joint must meet all the safety requirements listed in the safety check. The towing bracket must not be used if any one of these requirements is not met. If this is the case, you should contact a qualified workshop.