Removing rear light
To change the bulbs, you must remove the rear light.
Removing the light requires a certain degree of practical skill.
Luggage compartment: Location of retaining screw for rear light
Removing rear light from side panel
– Check which of the bulbs is defective.
– Open the boot lid.
– Remove the side trim.
– Insert the screwdriver (from the tool kit) through the side opening in the plastic screw.
– Turn the screwdriver anti-clockwise to loosen the screw and then carefully remove the screw.
– Gradually ease the light housing out of the rubber mountings (positions page 284, 3 and 4) by pulling alternately in direction of arrows 1and 2. If necessary use the tool for changing bulbs from your vehicle's toolkit to carefully apply some pressure between positions 3 and 4.
– Unplug the electrical connector.
– Change the defective bulb.
When removing or installing the rear light, take care not to cause any damage.
• Removing the rear light in particular can lead to the paintwork or rear light
becoming damaged. This is another reason why we recommend having the bulbs changed
by a qualified workshop.
• NEVER use metal tools (e.g. a screwdriver) or sharp or pointed plastic tools to lever out the rear light - risk of damaging the paint.
Make sure you have a soft cloth ready to place under the glass on the rear light, to avoid any scratches.