This additional indicator function can help to save fuel.
Display: Gearchange indicator
Display: Switching the gear change indicator on and off
You can activate and deactivate the gear-change indicator on the sound system or MMI*.
Switching the gear-change indicator on and off
– Select: Function selector button CAR > Instrument cluster > Suggested gear ⇒ fig. 12.
To familiarise yourself with the gear-change indicator, we recommend driving in the normal way to start with. A gear change will be recommended if the gear you are in is not the most economical choice. The gear you are currently in and the recommended gear will be displayed, fig. 11.
- • Shifting up a gear: The suggested gear appears to the right of the current gear when a higher gear is recommended.
- • Shifting down a gear: The suggested gear appears to the left of the current gear when a lower gear is recommended.
Gears may ocassionally be skipped (3 > 5). If no gear-change is recommended, you are already in the most economical gear.
- • The gear-change indicator is intended to help save fuel. It is not intended to recommend the right gear for all driving situations. In certain situations, only the driver can choose the correct gear (for instance when overtaking, driving up a steep gradient or towing a trailer).
- • The gear-change indicator in the instrument cluster, fig. 11 goes out when you press the clutch pedal.