Locking and unlocking the vehicle with the advanced key
The doors and the boot lid can be locked and unlocked without handling the remote control key.
Audi advanced key: Unlocking one of the doors
Unlocking the vehicle
– Take hold of the door handle. The door will be unlocked automatically.
– Pull the door handle to open the door.
Locking the vehicle
– Move the selector lever to position P (automatic gearbox), otherwise it will
not be possible to lock the vehicle.
– Touch the sensor on the door handle once to lock the vehicle ⇒ .
– Touch the sensor a second time within 2 seconds to lock the vehicle without activating the deadlock mechanism.
The vehicle can be locked and unlocked from any of the doors. The driver's door will always be unlocked as well when the passenger's door is unlocked. The remote control key has to be within a range of about 1.5 metres of the relevant door or the boot lid. It does not matter where you carry the key, for instance whether it is in your jacket pocket or in a briefcase.
The unlocking function may be affected if the sensor area on the door handle is touched while the vehicle is being unlocked.
The locking function may be affected if you grasp the door handle while the vehicle is being locked.
Once the doors have been locked, they cannot be opened again immediately. This will enable you to check that the doors are properly closed.
The system will either unlock all the doors or one door only, depending on the settings you have chosen on the sound system or MMI*.
Do not leave anyone (especially children) in the car if it is locked from the outside and the deadlock mechanism is activated: the doors and windows cannot then be opened from the inside. Locked doors could delay assistance in an emergency, potentially putting lives at risk.
Please note the following points if the vehicle is left parked for long periods:
- • To save electrical power, the proximity sensors are switched off after a few days. You will then need to pull the door handle once to unlock the vehicle, and a second time to open it.
- • To prevent the battery from becoming discharged and thus maintain the vehicle's starting ability for as long as possible, the power management system will gradually switch off convenience functions that are not required. In this case you may not be able to unlock the vehicle with this convenience function.