The following situations could impair the function of the radar sensor.
The adaptive cruise control is subject to given physical limits and also has certain limits determined by the system itself. Under certain circumstances the driver may feel that the ACC system is responding unexpectedly or belatedly. For this reason, please always give your full attention to road traffic and if necessary take action yourself:
- • When driving through bends.
- • When vehicles in front are not in line with your vehicle.
- • When other vehicles change lanes.
- • When other vehicles are not clearly discernible
- • When vehicles are stationary.
The radar sensor's "field of vision" can be impaired by rain, snow or a lot of water on the road. This results in vehicles in front not being properly recognised or, in some circumstances, not being detected at all. If necessary, take action yourself!