Parking perpendicular to the roadside
Parking mode 1 can be used when parking your vehicle in a garage or parking bay.
MMI display: Approaching a parking space
MMI display: Aligning the vehicle
– Turn the steering wheel until the orange orientation lines 1 are pointing towards
the parking space ⇒ fig. 192. You can estimate the distance to an obstacle by referring
to the markings 2. Each marking is equivalent to 1 metre.
– Reverse into the space and adapt the steering angle to the parking space, using the orange lines to assist you ⇒ . 3 indicates the rear bumper. You should stop reversing, at the latest, when the red orientation line 4 is bordering on an object ⇒ !
– Align your vehicle according to the blue area marking ⇒ fig. 193. The blue marking is an extension of the vehicle outline and reaches about five metres to the rear of the vehicle. The shade of blue changes at a distance of approx. 1 m, 2 m and 5m to the vehicle.
- • The reversing camera does not show the complete area behind the vehicle. It is particularly important to ensure that there are no small children or animals near the vehicle, as the reversing camera may not always be able to detect them (accident risk).
- • Please note that objects which are not touching the ground may appear to be further away than they actually are (e.g. the bumper of a parked vehicle, a towing bracket or the rear end of a truck). In this case you should not use the orientation lines as a guide when parking the car - accident risk!
The MMI display shows the path of the rear end of the vehicle if you were to reverse using the current steering angle. NB: The front end of the vehicle swings out further than the rear. Please make sure you keep a sufficient distance between the vehicle and any obstacles to make sure that the exterior mirror or edge of the vehicle do not collide with the obstacle (accident risk).